Monday, August 4, 2008

Mexico Missions Trip 2008

I'm still a little too overwhelmed to right about everything that God did on the missions trip I just got home from, but I did want to share a few quick notes of the trip. One main thing I learned is that the language barrier is a very small detail in working with the kids and working with the women at the rehab, even knowing just a little bit of spanish can go a long way in showing God's love to people of all ages. Another thing I learned is that when you come back its almost like you left part of your heart with those kids and the women at the rehab because all I want more than anything is to go back, and finish what I started there. God gave me such clear views of his plan for me and his love for me. He showed me that "secret place" where I can be fully in God's presence and live and love my life. There's so much I want to share but I need to get more of a firm grasp on it all before I share all of it. God changed me in so many ways over the past week its amazing. I never want to go back to who I was. Im in love with my life, and am truly happy for the first time in a long time. I came home with new friends, new perspective, and a new beggining, which was what I've wanted all year. I've never been so excited to live my life for God. So now I start the newest leg of my life's adventures. I can't wait to share all of what God did in that one short week, but for now this will have to do!

No comments: